LSC's Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference
The ITC grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. It brings together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, law school professors, pro bono coordinators, and other professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
On-Demand 2021 Conference Registration - $49
LSC's 2021 Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference (ITC21) featured 152 presenters and over 900 attendees from 50 States & 3 U.S. Territories. If you were unable to attend the conference, we are offering an on demand registration for $49. This will allow you to access over 50 videos from the conference agenda. The event will be available to purchase until April 30, 2021 and will be available for viewing until June 30, 2021. For questions about the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITC21 Virtual Platform
The ITC virtual conference platform is on Whova. We recommend that you watch this short video to help you get the most from the virtual conference platform. You can also review the Whova User Guide. It will answer most of your questions.
Use a Chrome Browser
For the best conference experience, it's important to use a Chrome browser to view the sessions. We recommend having the Chrome browser downloaded in advance.
- Go to the main navigation page and begin to familiarize yourself with the platform functions.
- View the event Agenda and plan your schedule (the time on the agenda is your local time)
- Access Livestreams and Videos directly within sessions (or subsessions), and use the session Q&A to start asking questions. You can vote on questions to be answered.
- Visit the Exhibitors in their virtual booths.
- Search the Attendees tab by name and affiliation and send messages to connect.
- Set up Virtual Meetups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
- Get presentation documents and slides
The 2021 conference was held January 12-14, 2021. Go to the ITC21 Conference Schedule to see the detailed agenda.
CLE Day - January 11
LSC partnered with the Practising Law Institute to offer a pre-conference CLE Day programming on Remote Legal Services Delivery Using Best Practices and Technology on January 11, 2021. This on-demand content is available on PLI until January 2022. Most LSC grantees have access to free membership from PLI, and scholarships can be requested here.
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court self-help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law school students and professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence;
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support; and
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology.
The Innovations in Technology Conference offers unique opportunities for companies to demonstrate their corporate leadership in the civil legal aid technology community. LSC is looking for companies to sponsor the 2022 Innovations in Technology Conference. If your company is interested in sponsorship information, contact Laurel Freeman at email@example.com or (202) 295-1606 to discuss sponsorship options.
2021 ITC Sponsors