LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference
The annual LSC Innovations in Technology Conference will be held January 19-21, 2023, in Phoenix, AZ. Join hundreds of technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, law school professors, pro bono coordinators, and other professionals to learn about technology projects being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. It's a great opportunity to network, connect, and be inspired.
The two-and-a-half-day conference will feature inspiring speakers and offer over 40 breakout sessions, including workshops, hands-on demos, and affinity groups.
Programming for ITC23 will include topics such as:
Cutting-edge technology developments for legal aid, courts, self-represented litigants, and other stakeholders and partners
Legal information websites and online tools
Internal operations in legal aid offices, including IT systems, case management, and cyber security
Technology that improves the efficiency and effectiveness of legal services delivery, including data analysis, intake and triage, and document assembly
Encouraging and supporting pro bono and private attorney involvement
For more information, see the ITC23 Registration Website.
About the Conference
What Can I Learn
Agenda at a Glance
The Innovations in Technology Conference grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. The conference brings together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, law school professors, pro bono coordinators, and other professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to future TIG awards.
ITC23 will be held at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix, January 19-21, 2023.
ITC23 Registration is now open. Early Bird pricing is available until November 1, and group discounts are available for organizations that register three or more participants at the same time. See the ITC23 Conference website for more details.
Professionals from every arm of the legal aid field attend the ITC:
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court self-help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law school students and professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence;
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support; and
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology.
See session information, videos, and materials from past conferences.
The conference starts on Thursday, January 19, at 8:30 a.m., and ends on Saturday, January 21, at 12:30 p.m. There will be an informal welcome reception on Wednesday, January 18, from 4:30 pm. - 6 p.m. MST.
The detailed ITC23 schedule will be available in December. Go to the ITC23 Agenda page for more information.